Results 1 to 10 of 11

Thread: Nintendo Wii and various games

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    Inactive Member NotSoSilentBob's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 2nd, 2002
    Posts
    8,067
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Nintendo Wii and various games

    Is Nintendo artificially limiting the supply of the system and the popular games? I went almost a year before I saw a system on the shelf.

    Been looking for Mario Kart for the last three days, can't find it. Same goes for Wii Fit.
    [IMG]http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l53/blpjr77/culpeper1.jpg[/IMG]

  2. #2
    Inactive Member imported_elp6n's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 31st, 2004
    Posts
    5,510
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Nintendo Wii and various games

    I wondered the same thing myself.

    I thought it was odd that in the middle of September, one day out of the blue last year, I found a stack of about 10 of them at Walmart. I've not seen any on the shelves at any stores since then, and most online sales are out of stock too. I know people at work that are still trying to find one - so I keep my eyes open in case I find any.
    You'll shoot your eye out.

    [img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v635/elp6n/santa.jpg[/img]

  3. #3
    Inactive Member NotSoSilentBob's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 2nd, 2002
    Posts
    8,067
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Nintendo Wii and various games

    The WM in Church Hill had 8 or 9 Tuesday night. That was the first time I had seen one on the shelf save for two in Norton last November that disappeared in 30 minutes.

    Gamestop in Kingsport has a few used ones at the same price as new.
    [IMG]http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l53/blpjr77/culpeper1.jpg[/IMG]

  4. #4
    Inactive Member imported_elp6n's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 31st, 2004
    Posts
    5,510
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Nintendo Wii and various games

    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: NotSoSilentBob</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

    Gamestop in Kingsport has a few used ones at the same price as new.</div></div>
    Gouging at its best.
    You'll shoot your eye out.

    [img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v635/elp6n/santa.jpg[/img]

  5. #5
    Inactive Member NotSoSilentBob's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 2nd, 2002
    Posts
    8,067
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Nintendo Wii and various games

    Nothing compared to the BS that G2K pulls with their used games.
    [IMG]http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l53/blpjr77/culpeper1.jpg[/IMG]

  6. #6
    Inactive Member Unchained's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 6th, 2005
    Location
    Norton, Virginia, United States
    Posts
    7,249
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Nintendo Wii and various games

    Hence the reason that I no longer go there. I can do better at a pawn shop than G2K. [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/crazy.gif[/img]
    [IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v635/elp6n/signature.jpg[/IMG]
    Central Warriors. Respect the past,embrace the future

  7. #7
    Inactive Member MikMo's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 23rd, 2002
    Posts
    3,344
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Nintendo Wii and various games

    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: NotSoSilentBob</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Nothing compared to the BS that G2K pulls with their used games. </div></div>

    G2K can suck goat balls. They want to give you pennies for a trade in, then sell it for 10x what they gave you. Plus, they are outrageous on their used systems. Last time I was in there, I was looking to buy a PSP for my boys. They had a used one for $20 less than what a new one went for at the time. Slackjaws.
    [img]http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k102/ETWNAPPEL/calgraphic.gif?t=1238543058[/img]

  8. #8
    Inactive Member SWVA-Football's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 20th, 2005
    Posts
    4,965
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Nintendo Wii and various games

    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: NotSoSilentBob</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
    Been looking for Mario Kart for the last three days, can't find it. Same goes for Wii Fit. </div></div>

    Those two are tough ones to find . . I'm not sure what's up with the 'limited' supplies, either. I haven't seen Wii Fit hardly anywhere. I remember seeing Mario Kart at Wal Mart for a period of time when it was first released, but I've not seen it for a couple weeks it seems like now.
    Officially retired

  9. #9
    Inactive Member NotSoSilentBob's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 2nd, 2002
    Posts
    8,067
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Nintendo Wii and various games

    I can't even find MK used, which is odd.

    Wife wanted a driving game, so I ended up getting the newest Need for Speed, which leaves a lot to be desired.
    [IMG]http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l53/blpjr77/culpeper1.jpg[/IMG]

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •